Elle Magazine Belgium + Cosmo UK

« Older   Newer »
chair_F.
view post Posted on 20/10/2012, 15:50

CITAZIONE
The beast in Ed Westwick

The Swiss designer Philipp Plein likes a famous face. Last year he had actress Lindsay Lohan as an ambassadress for his womenswear collection, for his menswear collection the rock-‘n-roll-designer appeals to the looks of Ed Westwick.

After a steamy shoot in front of the lens of photographer Terry Richardson, Westwick was ready for his big catwalk début in Milan. Elle had an intimate get together under the Milan summer sun.
Perhaps the name Ed Westwick probably doesn’t immediately ring a bell, but just drop the words ‘Chuck Bass’ during a conversation and half of the female world population swoons. The 25 year old Brit put himself in the shoes of the ‘Gossip Girl’-character Chuck Bass, the dandy bad boy with the unseen talent to lean against parked limos to break girls hearts, for 6 seasons. That I got the opportunity to talk to Pleins occasional model provoked more jealous reactions than had I gave birth to Brad Pitt’s love child…

The shoot got the name ‘Unleash the Beast’

Westwick: “Photographer Terry Richardson created a fantastic atmosphere on set. And yes, the beast was unleashed, first of all by Terry who can be seen in the campaign too, he actually is a beast. We have certainly honoured the strong image of the brand.”

You are an actor. Did you find it hard to be a model?
“Well, I am very vain and like to pose, so that worked out pretty good. (Laughs)”

Were you able to use your experience as an actor?
“Sure! As an actor, you try to play a credible character, a model has to sell an image and a brand. That involves a lot of acting.”

Fashion is a very big part of ‘Gossip Girl’. Did the series change your view on fashion?
“Fashion is a character of its own in this series and that definitely got me more interested in beautiful clothes. Moving to New York also had a big influence on my style, fashion is everywhere, it’s a part of the culture here. You only have to walk through the streets to be inspired and to discover different styles.”
“Because of ‘Gossip Girl’ I got to know a lot of brands. Now I see fashion as a way to underline your character and to express yourself. I also have more money to spend on clothes. That helps, of course.”

You told me that your favourite piece of the Philipp Plein Summer collection is a brown leather jacket. What is the favourite piece of clothing that you own?
“My jeans. When I finally find the right pair, I wear them until they break down. It’s not easy to find the right pair of jeans, so my advice would be: if you find one, immediately buy 25 of them.”

With a theme as ‘Unleash the Beast’ we can’t help but ask: what is needed to unleash the beast in you?
“You would have to pour a lot of liquor into me.”

We can take care of that.

Identity Kit

-Born on 27 June 1987. Was raised near London. Son of a psychologist and a university lecturer.

-Played a with vampires obsessed student in ‘Californication’.

-Was in the alternative rock band The Filthy Youth with some friends. The project is not running right now.

-Played in the movie ‘Breaking and Entering’ (2006) next to Juliette Binoche and Jude Law.

-Had a two year relationship with ‘Gossip Girl’-college Jessica Szohr (Vanessa in the series). The couple broke up in 2010.

-At the beginning of this year the two were rumoured to have reconciled but Westwick would currently be single.

-Now that the last season of ‘Gossip Girl’ is filmed, Westwick is totally focussed on his movie carrier.

-Next year he can be seen in the cinema as Tybalt in a remake of ‘Romeo and Juliet’.

(@irisjee9 on Twitter) X

EEBoZ

~bowties
view post Posted on 22/10/2012, 17:10

Perchè diavolo mi ero persa questa cosa?
Il gioco del coltello è inquietante :lmao: Mi piace come parla di Londra <3 Che tenerezza!

•giulia»
view post Posted on 23/10/2012, 18:46

Amore è bellissimo <3
amo tantissimo tutte le risposte,specie quella su Londra <3 **

e questa che cito,
CITAZIONE
“My jeans. When I finally find the right pair, I wear them until they break down. It’s not easy to find the right pair of jeans, so my advice would be: if you find one, immediately buy 25 of them.”

non so perchè ma ho riso un botto ad immaginarmelo tutto serio che spiega questa sua teoria,ovviamente il giusto paio di jeans è quello che gli mette in evidenza il bubble butt...hahahha ciccino bello mio !

3 replies since 20/10/2012, 15:50   188 views