QUOTES su Leighton da critici,colleghi&amici

« Older   Newer »
marie.
view post Posted on 9/11/2009, 09:26

Oggi sto esplorando un lj su Lei e non posso fare a meno di riportare qualcosina. Appena posso traduco

Chace:
CITAZIONE
Who is funniest person out of the Gossip Girl cast?

Chace: Definitely Leighton (plays BlairWaldorf)! Leighton takes the cake on that! She's hilarious. We're all like family, we're all great friends. They've all got their own sense of humour but (starts laughing) Leighton cracks me up the most!
x

Aaron Tveit (Tripp)
CITAZIONE
M,W!: Leighton Meester and Blake Lively. Cage Match. No weapons. Two enter, one leaves. I feel like Blake’s got Leighton on reach and power, but Leighton’s got fight and grit. Who’s getting out of there alive?

Aaron Tveit (Tripp Vanderbilt on "Gossip Girl"): I have to go out on a limb and say Leighton. She is a firey beast. And I mean that in the most sexy, endearing way possible. I think she walks out of that house unscathed. And the house probably blows up as she walks away in slow motion… like a rap video.
x

Maestro di ballo burlesque per Victor Victrola
CITAZIONE
I can tell you that she was absolutely delightful and right away got what I was so passionate about. When I showed her some glove peel tricks, she loved them. When I showed her photos from shows, she was thrilled by the body diversity. She was interested right from the start, and her acting experience helped her nail the timing for the moves and expressions right away. I was impressed with her talent as well as with her generous and open personality. She was just darling! I know I sound like a suckup, but I can't begin to tell you what an unexpectedly and completely charming experience my gig with Gossip Girl was.

Truccatore di Elle Korea (non ha un nome, lol)
CITAZIONE
Although I want to avoid girlish makeup, I can’t, because of the loveliness that naturally comes out from inside her!

Tipa che non conosco
CITAZIONE
But it was really up to Les Moonves's wife and Big Brother host Julie Chen to ask the hard hitting questions. "Leighton," she said, sticking her microphone into Leighton's face space, "I've been pouring over interviews we've had in the past, you are by far the most intelligent and articulate person I've ever interviewed. [Beat] How do you do it?"

mamapop
CITAZIONE
Finally, and I fear no one seeing my point on this one, but Leighton Meester's Blair Woldorf on Gossip Girl. Other than the clothes, there's only one reason I watch this show week in and week out and that's Blair. I think she's one of the best characters on TV, honestly. And Leighton captures her pretty damn brilliantly. I know it's the CW. I know it's GOSSIP GIRL for crying out loud, but she's good.
x

popwrap (sulla 2x23)
CITAZIONE
Ryan: and not for nothing, that crying scene at the bar was pretty damn impressive too. Blair holds that show on the tip of her Jimmy Choos
Jarett: omg, Leighton Meester killed it last night! she is far and away the best actor on that show
Ryan: SO killed it
Jarett: i couldn't believe that chuck said he didn't love her -- I try not to get emotionally invested in these kids, but Leighton pulls me in!

Korbi (spoilertv)
CITAZIONE
First of all, love seeing Chuck and Nate both in love with Blair. Huge props to Leighton Meester for that stunning scene with the Bass*whole. When her eyes filled with tears, I actually believed she was bruised. Her pain over him was apparent.

— John Shea (Harold)
CITAZIONE
I love Leighton Meester, I don't know, people think that she's something like her character, but she's not at all, she's a real sweetheart [..] She's multifaceted. And now of course she's got songs on the charts [..] I'm not surprised. Because you know, she's really.. She’s the real deal. When I met her I said "You remind me someone, I can't figure out who it is yet" [..] and I finally figured it out, I said "You remind me of young Bette Davis". That’s what Leighton Meester is [..]. I mean it.

Edited by marie. - 22/8/2010, 17:36

_claire
view post Posted on 9/11/2009, 14:56

Mon Dieu, sentir dire queste cose di lei mi riempie di gioia ed orgoglio *-* Perchè non importa quanto gli Schwavage si sforzino per maltrattare il personaggio di B, Leighton è così fantastica che non può che brillare qualsiasi cosa faccia il suo personaggio. Lo dico perchè sul serio, in certe scene come quella citata della 2x23, Lei è stata così brava che mi si spezzava il cuore ogni volta che le tremava la voce, ed è colpa sua (e anche di Ed, dai) se Gossip Girl mi coinvolge - o meglio, mi ha coinvolto - più di quanto sarebbe sano xDD
Inoltre, più leggo interviste e mi informo e più la adoro. Adoro il modo in cui ha reagito allo scandalo del sex tape, adoro sentirla parlare dei colleghi, adoro il suo essere incredibilmente sexy e buffa allo stesso tempo e adoro il fatto di non essere l'unica a pensare che sia una persona meravigliosa xD

ChuckBassina <3
view post Posted on 11/11/2009, 15:24

è un mito **.. la adoro =D

marie.
view post Posted on 29/8/2010, 00:17

CITAZIONE
"She was the type to love immediately once you see her. Small height and tiny face, round and “good” eyes must be the reason. She is sweet, lovable, and chattered away like a little sparrow."
— Elle (Korea), Sept. 2009

CITAZIONE
"Leighton’s quite fun. She’s got a sense of humor where it’s like you and her have a little gig going, and it’s very personal. She’s very wise for her age. People talk about wisdom being a thing that comes to a person when they’re a lot older, but Leighton’s wise for a young lady — someone that you could talk to and ask for advice."
— Ed Westwick, OKMagazine.com, Sept. 2009

CITAZIONE
"She can handle these big, gigantic sandwiches, and she’s got the most tiny little gorgeous figure."
— Ed Westwock, Harper’s Bazaar, Sept. 2009

CITAZIONE
"I will say this: I do know Leighton likes playing the bitch. Everyone agrees that there’s always a facet of your personality that comes out when you’re playing a character. If she wanted to be, she could, but she’s not. She’s really personable. She remembers everybody and every story—she’s a good friend."
— Chace Crawford, Us Weekly, Dec. 2008

CITAZIONE
"Let me tell you something about Leighton: she is very sassy."
— Ryan Seacrest, after getting owned by our girl, KIIS FM

CITAZIONE
"The first thing I thought when I met Leighton was, ‘Fucking hell, this girl’s gorgeous.’ And she was incredibly sweet. Now we tell each other to fuck off whenever we want to."
— Ed Westwick, Harper’s Bazaar, Sept. 2009

CITAZIONE
"We know we’re ridiculous for even thinking/hoping that someone from a CW series would make it on to the HFPA’s radar, considering how ignored so many of our other CW/WB/UPN faves have been over the years. But if there was one person to choose from this season’s crop, we’d have picked Leighton Meester for Supporting Actress. Her Blair is so multi-faceted, well-dressed and beautifully played that she elevates this teen soap to something we don’t even feel guilty about admitting we love."
— TelevisionWithoutPity.com, “Golden Globes 2009: Overlooked TV Shows and Performances”, Dec. 2008

CITAZIONE
"Leighton was really talented and really funny. That was one of the big reasons we loved her and wanted her for the part. She really embodies the tone of the show as an actress, the way she delivers the dialogue, and her character, and that relationship with Chuck. I think if you distill the show into its core essence, it would probably be that."
— Josh Schwartz, iTunes, 2009

CITAZIONE
"We learned, in that moment, that it is indeed possible to be both appalled and in love at the same time. And that’s exactly how we feel about her character: She’s bitchy, to be sure, but with wicked comedic timing and a vulnerability that makes you understand how she got so screwed up. Her villain-you-want-to-root-for is the most sophisticated performance on the show."
— New York, Apr. 2008

CITAZIONE
"She has a great combination of intelligence, wit, and strength but also this mischievous quality. Leighton’s very matter-of-fact and up front about things, and unlike Blair, she’s nonjudgmental."
— Stephanie Savage, Cosmopolitan, June 2009

aretè
view post Posted on 28/9/2010, 18:29

alcune nuove!

Ashley Hinshaw: Leighton and Ed were really, really amazing. They were very down to earth, genuine, and willing to hang. They got to know me and included me in their world. Because that’s their project, so to kind of walk in as an outsider was a little nerve-wrecking. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I felt incredibly welcome right away.

Selena Gomez: It was really fun. I was really nervous because I know Katy, Leighton, and Cory, they’re all older and have some major network shows so I was nervous going into it but they are the nicest group of people I could ever work with.
I learned so much from them. They’re all really professional and the girls and I would have a bunch of “girls nights” and I’ve never really done that before with my girlfriends. We’d go to cafes and we’d hear music and to little bars in the hotels where I can, um, actually sit at the bar in Budapest and have a Sprite.

PW:
Katie Cassidy: It’s fun to spar with someone when it’s fake regardless. It’s fun to lash out. It was so bizarre with Leighton because our characters in “Monte Carlo” are so different on “GG.” My “Monte Carlo” character Emma is this little naive sweet Texas girl who just wants everything and is full of life. Juliet is so drastically different. And the relationship between Juliet and Blair is so drastically different than the one between Emma and Meg. So I think it was fun to establish those differences. I remember us looking at each other thinking, this is so weird – who are you right now?!” [laughs]

marie.
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 13:04

CITAZIONE
I just love working with Leighton (Meester). She is a brilliant singer and her acting is fantastic. I completely adore working with her. If I could just keep working with her, that would be fine. -Margaret Colin

Sarebbe Eleanor ^^
CITAZIONE
She's so much fun to work with AND she regularly makes me laugh

CITAZIONE
Davyd and I saw Leighton today, while she was working in the recording studio. What a wonderful singer and total doll!

Norman Buckley
CITAZIONE
Leighton's like a new Elizabeth Taylor

Matthew 'Rufus' Settle
CITAZIONE
Oh and got some love from Leighton Meester. Yes, Blair, poeple. I adore her.

Adam lambert

chair_F.
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 13:16

*______* la adorano tutti <3

Ra_Prongs
view post Posted on 1/10/2010, 13:53

Quante belle cose *-*

CITAZIONE
She’s bitchy, to be sure, but with wicked comedic timing and a vulnerability that makes you understand how she got so screwed up. Her villain-you-want-to-root-for is the most sophisticated performance on the show."

Vero, ecco cosa rende particolare il suo personaggio secondo me.

Ra_Prongs
view post Posted on 9/10/2010, 22:30

L'ho trovato su Fanforum, dicono che viene da Yahoo TV:

CITAZIONE
Based on Cecily von Ziegesar's book series of the same name and developed by the brains behind "The O.C." (Josh Schwartz), The CW's "Gossip Girl" earned instant fame (and hordes of detractors) within weeks of its September 2007 unveiling, thanks to its overt (and painstakingly accurate) depiction of scheming, sexually charged, and privileged young socialites on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Despite the fact that the series is starting to show its age after three seasons,"GG" remains must-see TV, simply based on Leighton Meester's portrayal of Blair Waldorf, the small screen's best baddie.

marie.
view post Posted on 9/10/2010, 22:36

*o*
sottovalutata, povera cucciola

marie.
view post Posted on 29/12/2010, 02:14

Ed su Lei e Luke Bracey
CITAZIONE
Look, I love the Aussies so…I don’t know the truth in it all. I’ll have to straighten her out when I see her next.

Gwyneth sul lavoro con Lei
CITAZIONE
I had known that she was really a singer and when Shana had her audition, she sang this amazing song. It was beautiful and I said wow, she's... super.

I just loved working with Leighton, seeing her honesty and vulnerability, it was a great experience I loved it

Tim McGraw
CITAZIONE
Oh Gosh, it’s so funny. I remember seeing when Leighton sang a song when she met Shana and sent it to me and she was like “I really like this girl”, you know, “What do you think?” And I saw you sing the song that you’ve written, and it was so beautiful and she got really emotional in the middle of the song, and I was like “I love this girl, who is this girl?” ‘cause I had never seen her show at that point. And, you know, it was just so much fun! […] I just loved working with Leighton, you know, seeing her honesty and vulnerability, it was a great experience. I loved it.

Edited by marie. - 29/12/2010, 21:11

Ra_Prongs
view post Posted on 5/1/2011, 00:38

Quote di Garrett

CITAZIONE
leighton’s a wonderful actress. it was soo great to be able to work with her in this film and her voice is incredible and for everybody to get to come down and see her abilities and the work that she put into her character. leighton’s wonderful. it was a great experience.

marie.
view post Posted on 5/1/2011, 00:41

SHIPPO A MILIONI *____*

Ra_Prongs
view post Posted on 5/1/2011, 22:54

Nathan Chapman, che l'ha seguita musicalmente per Country Strong

CITAZIONE
Leighton was extremely professional and easy to work with. She respected that she was making country music and she worked really hard to show up to the vocal sessions fully prepared. On time, passionate about doing a great job, all those things you'd want someone to be while taking on a role like this

25 replies since 9/11/2009, 09:26   775 views